Feb 3, 2008

For better or for worse, here I come

I've been lagging quite a bit in posting entries here. Had a lot of work to finish in the past few months. Had to smoothen some paths leading to new opportunities. Had to do some mental adjusting to the changes.

Yep, there will be a lot of changing done this year.

First, the job. I have been officially unemployed for 2 days. I report for my next job tomorrow. What a vacation, huh? But then again, my last real month-long vacation was in 2003, when I was still in college. >.< Man, I need to be saved. I have mixed feelings of turning towards the workaholic side. On one hand, work is good - it pays well, and it keeps me occupied. On the other hand, I get stressed, but I get bored easily without it. Nevertheless, I hope I can live up to the expectations of my new job. I feel quite nervous about it. Oh, and you're curious about it, I'm in Intelligence. *wink wink*

Second, the body. Body image issues chronically haunt me, and my wardrobe is definitely not helping. Pants fit a little too snugly, and shirts don't hide the extra curves any more. I need to get back to my original 110lbs pre-xmas weight. I need to go back to the gym. (I had my account frozen for the past 2 months.) Need to work up that muscle mass again. Can't wait to get back into the BodyPump classes.

Third, the blog. Got a backlog of articles to write and upload. We'll be seeing a lot of post-dated entries in weeks to come. Sigh.

Fourth, the laptop. I named her "Moody," because she has days when she feels like working, and days she doesn't show you a thing at all. Her LCD's busted, but I'm not ready to replace it, since it's too damn expensive. (Think max of Php35k - that's a lot to blow on a single spare part!) I guess I'm delaying the inevitable, but until then, I'm milking Moody's LCD for all it's worth.

I hope this will be a good year. Besides, it will be the year of the rat soon - a good time to start a new job and make a fresh start. In I go with bated breath.

No comments:

AUTHOR

My photo
Quiet but spirited. Serious but quirky. Easygoing but restless. Talented but awkward. Aloof but caring. Lost but driven. Very confused person.