Jan 4, 2008

Another rant for the holidays

It's been tested for two years straight. Never spend more than four days in Baguio; otherwise, tempers will shorten and people (particularly me) will become tenuously nastier.

I am a city girl by heart. I'm stimulated by the buzz and bustle of the city, as well as the luxuries of urban living. Not that I'm saying that Baguio is not urban, but rather the place I stay in (Lolo's house) lacks the amenities I enjoy in Manila: like hot showers and *important* entertainment devices (PS2, PC). Stressor #1.

In Baguio, I found myself spending hours watching cable or DVDs, munching on something, viewing the Baguio horizon, munching on something, reading newspapers, munching on something, strolling in some parts (La Trinidad strawberry farm, SM Baguio, Session Road, the public market), munching on something. Yup, I was always eating in Baguio, and it got me about 2-3 lbs heavier. Grrr. Stressor #2.

We also spent the Holidays in Baguio with my Tito. He's single, more than 60 years old, weathered a stroke twice and survived, and currently living the quiet life of the retired. No wonder he's a surly, old man. He's not easy to live with as he's moody and not very diplomatic. Stressor #3.

By the end of the Baguio ordeal, I was miserable and tired. I am so glad to be back in Manila. Mabuhay Manila! =P

No comments:

AUTHOR

My photo
Quiet but spirited. Serious but quirky. Easygoing but restless. Talented but awkward. Aloof but caring. Lost but driven. Very confused person.