Mar 12, 2007

Chocolate Hangover


Had my first taste of Max Brenner chocolate last Monday. What a way to get the week started. Ordered the wrong thing at the wrong time: wanted something thin and refreshing, and I was given something thick and cloying. With no idea of what I was ordering, I ordered an Italian choco drink thing with cream. Downed 1 glass of water per 1/4 cup of this chocolate drink. (In the first place, can I really call this a drink? It was more of melted chocolate candy to me.) By the time I reached halfway nto the cup, I was already getting choco-tipsy or dizzy. Lol!

After a long's day's work, wanted something refreshing. Anything to perk me up. I didn't have much of a caffeine fix the whole day. A cup of chocolate would probably give me that enough caffeine to call it a day. It seems I got more than I asked for.
Drinking was not an option. This was a drink that I had to lick like candy. Just one dip of the spoon and it was already coated with a thick layer of chocolate. It was that rich. Sayang, walang churros. Ordered the blandest thing I can find in the menu - croissant. But knowing croissant was a somewhat oily and flaky sort of partner, I didn't expect it to cleanse the palate the way churros do. At least, it will dampen the rich choco flavor.

Result: I didn't finish my cup of choco. So sad. I wish I could take it home to use on home-cooked churros.
Max Brenners would be a good place to be indulgent, because most items on their menu are so fantastically rich - in flavor, texture, or both. (I won't mention price, since that's already a given when it comes to branded served drinks such as this, Starbucks, CBTL, et al.) The chocolate is to die for, if the phrase 'death by chocolate' means anything. Urk! But, at least, the time it will take you to finish that luscious cup of choco gives you the opportunity to linger in the company of good friends, and enjoy them. But then again, I suppose this is something that females will enjoy more than males, knowing their penchant for chocolate. Haha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like chocolate, too!

nice blog btw ;)

AUTHOR

My photo
Quiet but spirited. Serious but quirky. Easygoing but restless. Talented but awkward. Aloof but caring. Lost but driven. Very confused person.