Mar 12, 2007

What am I like?

A friend sent me via email a curious quiz about personality: "What am I like?" Being a sucker for personality quizzes, I clicked on the link and took the quiz.


Turns out that I'm a RESOLVER. A quick summary of this type of personality profile:
  • Good at getting to the heart of a problem and quickly finding a solution
(True. I like it when people get to the point so I know what they're talking about. It makes it easier to think about making the problem go away. The less complications, the better.)
  • Make rational decisions using the facts available
(Dang, this is true, but mainly because I dislike being wrong, and presenting facts makes it difficult to prove me wrong. On the other hand, it makes it difficult for me to trust my intuition, since there are some things that you can't always prove on facts alone. I could be that dense, hehe.)
  • Think of themselves as understanding, stable, and easy-going
(True, true, and true. Me very nice person, hehe. I won't bite... unless provoked, that is.)
  • May focus on short-term results and lose sight of the big picture
(Sigh, this is my Achilles' heel sometimes, especially so in my line of work. I tend to get lost in the details and disregard the general objectives of the study. Frustrating when this happens though, since most of the time I know the answer to the bigger picture, but usually express it in short-term results.)


Other things I'd like to comment on:
  • "Resolvers like to take risks"
(To be more precise, I like to take calculated risks. I usually go for risky things when the reward contains an element of pleasure, i.e., the adrenaline rush, but only if the reward outweighs the risk. Other than that, I'm a wuss, hehe.)
  • "Under extreme stress, Resolvers could be prone to inappropriate, tearful outbursts."
(Now this is a very, very rare thing. I hate crying.)
  • "Resolvers are often drawn to hands-on jobs that require an analytical mind and careful organisation of large amounts of data."
(I must be in the right job! Market research is exactly that kind of job. Too bad it's really mentally stimulating and draining at the same time. Would love a job that offers the same mental stimulation without the drainage. If you know any, PLEASE DROP ME A LINE OR NOTE OR ANYTHING!!! I'm in the mood to try something new. *wink, wink*)

No comments:

AUTHOR

My photo
Quiet but spirited. Serious but quirky. Easygoing but restless. Talented but awkward. Aloof but caring. Lost but driven. Very confused person.