Dec 25, 2006

Last post of the year

I want to end this year on a happy note. Learned quite a lot, earned my share of pleasure and pain, gritted against my frustrations, remembered my achievements fondly, laughed more, cried a bit, but on the overall I discovered (or uncovered?) more stuff about myself and my place in this world. Despite all this, I feel there is still more waiting for me out there, and I look toward it with a mix of trepidation and enthusiasm.

I've tried expanding my horizon this year, meaning more activities, more people, more exploration, more dynamism. Got into Ultimate, zips, work-related travel, pen-and-paper RPGs, (newfound enthusiasm for) shopping and pampering, and of course, blogging. There could be more, but I can't remember at the moment. They have enriched my life, and some have surprised me in the sense that they revealed a side of me that I didn't think I was suited for. (I was talking about shopping and pampering here. I mean, I wouldn't have thought that I would learn to love spa and facial treatments. Used to think these things were things of vanity, but really they're not. Never realised these things could make you feel so relaxed and generally good about yourself.)

While exploring is good and all, I realised that I never pursued them with a passion. I asked my friend, Crissa, what could shock her about me. She told me that since I had a wide variety of interests, she wouldn't be surprised if I tried something unconventional, like dying my hair blue. (But then again, I've always been talking to her about that for a looong time. Too bad I haven't done it yet - successfully.) She did suggest later on that I pursue something passionately, through and through; to focus on one thing to maybe competitive levels. I guess she's right, so this coming year, maybe I will try to channel my energies into one activity/ hobby. Since I've been feeling restless, I think it will be a physical activity - maybe Ultimate, zips, yoga, or combat arts. Damn, so much to choose from. >.< style="color: rgb(255, 255, 0); font-weight: bold;">MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
! Till next time. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Expanding your horizons, that's great. I can relate, discovering things about myself I never thought were there.

I wish you the best on how this new thing for you will play out. Let up a little, enjoy every moment, I know it's kinda scary to venture into a new terrain but you'll do just fine. Everyone goes through it. Believe in yourself, take it a step at a time. It'll be all right.

AUTHOR

My photo
Quiet but spirited. Serious but quirky. Easygoing but restless. Talented but awkward. Aloof but caring. Lost but driven. Very confused person.